Every well-developed home should have a proper home bar. Even if you don’t drink, you will have something to offer to your guests and make them feel welcomed. Moreover, a bar can add an attractive design element to your house.
For setting up a bar at home, you need to find where and how to arrange the bar. You need to consider the space available so that further planning can be done accordingly. Further, you must have essentials such as bar tools, spirits, bitters, mixers, and glassware.
Now, let us look at a few things that you will definitely need to set up a bar at home.
- Wine rack – If you are setting a bar at home, then wine rack is something you will need to store your collection of wines. Wine racks and cellars provide a proper storage area that helps wine in maturing over months and years. Today, a wide range of wine racks is available in the market that you can select based on your requirements. Different wine racks available are:
- Stackable wine racks
- Tabletop wine racks
- Wall-mounted racks
- Wine cabinet
- Essential bitters – Bitters are a type of high-proof alcohol that are infused with herbs, spices and roots. They are used as a botanical addictive to drinks. You can easily find bitters in your local liquor store.
- Various mixers – Many people, when thinking of home bar mixers, they consider orange juice and soda. No doubt, they are a good option but don’t forget the sweet and sour mix and tonic. Canned juices and mixers that don’t expire quickly are always a good option. Some of the mixers that you should keep on hand are:
- Cranberry juice
- Orange juice
- Ginger beer
- Club soda
- Grapefruit juice
- Basic tools – You don’t need to buy everything all at once. The following are the basic tools that you need to start.
- A sturdy knife for cutting citrus
- A muddler
- A good-sized shaker that allows you to mix more than one cocktail at a time
- A cutting board
- A set of white towels that can be bleached
- A jigger that is used to measure alcohol.
- A basic bottle opener for opening beer
- Glassware – Glassware is one of the most essential elements of any home bar. It is highly recommended to invest in different types of glasses such as stemware, short glasses and tall glasses. It is important so that you don’t feel a shortage of glasses when you need to serve a number of guests in your home.
- Garnishes – Garnishes can add fun to the cocktail. Various garnishes that you can keep on hand are slices of limes, lemons, orange and cherries. Other garnishes that can add magic to the cocktail are marshmallows, jellybeans, and dried fruits.