Gutter cleaning is very necessary as it increases the life of your gutter system and roof. While you might take gutters as not so important part of your roofing system but they are held responsible for moving rainwater away from your main door.
If you do not consider cleaning your gutter system on a regular basis, then it will lead to the growth of moss inside your home and will also lead to many foundation problems. Hence it is essential to clean your gutters for well being and safety of your home.
Below are five major reasons that specify gutter cleaning is necessary for your roof:
1) It saves your roof from severe damage: The time debris and other materials accumulate and seal your gutter, it becomes impossible for the water to flow and this would result in flooding and ponding on your roof which will eventually cause severe damage to your roof.
Also, ponding allows the moisture to get into the underlayment and the roofing material. If you keep your gutters clean, you will not have to face any such problems because the water will smoothly flow in the direction of downspout and away from your home.
2) Long term foundation destruction: When you do not clean your gutter system regularly, the rainwater gets accumulated and clogs up your gutter and leads its way to the foundation of your home, destroying and damaging it.
If this tends to happen continuously and for an extended period of time, it will lead to fluxing of concrete foundation and corroding and rusting of steel. Therefore clean your gutters on time in order to avoid any sort of long term damage.
3) Damaging of your gardens and yard: As mentioned before that not cleaning gutters will lead to clogging which will make it difficult for the water to flow, this will ultimately result in overflowing of water in your garden and damaging your plants.And this would be the last thing a homeowner would wish for his garden.
Though watering your plants is necessary but overwatering is very harmful for them. Hence ensure proper timely cleaning for better rainflow management, thus preventing any damage to your plants.
4) It prevents the development of pests: Due to lack of cleaning and accumulation of debris, pests are developed. It becomes a breeding ground for mosquitoes, mice, rodents, and other pests. Even mold and fungi also grow in such an environment.
This can be very dangerous as pests can spread into your property giving birth to various problems and infections. Also, it can cause serious health problems to your family and damage your property.
5) Prevents damage to your fascia: Fascia is the board you see running behind your gutter. It is that important component that keeps your gutter in place. Excess of moisture and water can cause this board to crumble and replacing this part of the roof is very expensive. Thus, clean your gutters so as to prevent damage to your fascia.