SETTING THE SCENE
• The Central Michigan wrestling crew returns to McGuirk Arena on Sunday (2 p.M.) for a Mid-American Conference dual meet with Ohio.
• The Chippewas, who are ranked 21st by the National Wrestling Coaches Association, are four-3 standard in dual meets and 1-zero MAC. Ohio is 1-4, 1-2. The Bobcats defeated Eastern Michigan, 21-17, on Friday.
HOME SWEET HOME
• The Chippewas are home for the first time when you consider that Nov. 17, once they defeated Michigan State, 31-9, in their dual-meet opener.
• Beginning with Ohio, CMU will battle 3 consecutive duals at home: Missouri on Jan. 19 and Buffalo on Jan. 21.
The Chippewas have gained their ultimate 3 dual meets, starting with a 35-6 win at Northern Illinois in their MAC opener. They additionally defeated Southern Illinois-Edwardsville and Purdue throughout the streak.
MAC makeup brushes are, hands down, the best ones you can buy. But are the ones you have fake? Unless you actually bought it at a MAC store or through the official website, you might have purchased a knock-off.
READ MORE :
- Find All the Mac and iOS Apps That Support Dark Mode
- built-indowsintegrated 10 Computer, Mac integrated, Audio Tools, and More Tech Deals This Week
- For all the fans of arcade-style gaming,
- CMU Women Roll Past Miami, Remain Unbeaten In MAC
- Operating with Home windows files on a Mac has by no means been simpler
Go and grab your MAC makeup brushes and let’s see if yours are real.
Is There Silver Metal?
One of the big purveyors of fake MAC brushes actually makes it very easy to tell it’s a fake. The reason? There isn’t any silver-colored metal on the brush — they are all black. Real MAC makeup brushes have an area of silver metal connecting the brush hairs to the handle.
Where is the Name?
The new MAC brushes have the MAC name towards the silver metal area. If you see a new brush with the MAC name centered on the handle, it’s a tip-off for being a fake. One thing to note here, though — some of the older-style MAC brushes did have the name in the center of the handle. But since these brushes are so popular, the chances of you getting a genuine old brush that’s never been used is somewhere between minuscule and non-existent.
How Dense are the Hairs?
One of the hallmarks of MAC is that the makeup brushes are dense bristles. The brushes are soft, but they are so densely packed that it’s not easy (and impossible for some) to bend the bristles to the side. If you can pretty easily bend the bristles, or the brush head is thick but not dense, there is an excellent chance you have a fake.
How Much Did You Pay?
These wonderful makeup brushes are not cheap; even one of the least expensive brushes is more than $15, and most cost over $20 each. In fact, the 134 large powder brush is $52 all by itself! So when you see a set of 12 “MAC” brushes being sold for $45, you know it has to be a fake!
Did You Buy it on eBay?
While there might be a few sellers on eBay of honest-to-goodness-real MAC brushes, the vast majority are knockoffs. Do yourself a favor; don’t go to eBay and expect to see the real deal.
You Have a Fake — Now What?
If it’s a brush that you use and like, then keep on using it. Then one day, when it falls apart (the fakes aren’t made nearly as well), you can go and get yourself a real MAC makeup brush. Some of the fakes are really quite decent in their own right, and if you didn’t pay much money for them, why not go ahead and use them? If, however, you paid a lot for a fake, and you bought it recently, try to return it.
Cleaning Your Makeup Brush (Whoever Made It)
Now that you have your makeup brushes, whether by MAC, Sephora, Bare Escentuals, Smashbox, or “maker unknown,” you do need to clean them now and again. So here you go — a how-to for cleaning makeup brushes [http://www.minerals-cosmetics.net/makeup-brushes/how-to-clean-makeup-brushes/]. And if you’re interested in exploring the world of mineral makeup, you can see more about minerals cosmetics [http://www.minerals-cosmetics.net], too.
Have a beauty-filled day!
The Chippewas are coming off an amazing overall performance at the Kent Kraft Midlands Championships, wherein they had 5 wrestlers location, led by using sophomore Mason Smith, who received the 141-pound identify. The Chippewas’ Justin Oliver (149) became second at the Midlands, whilst Jordan Ellingwood (184) changed into 1/3, Matt Stencel (285) changed into fourth, and CJ Brucki (174) becomes 5th.
Five Chippewas are ranked nationally this week via Intermat.Com. Oliver is third, Brucki and Ellingwood are each 14th, Colin Heffernan (157) is 15th, and Smith is 20th. Just one Ohio wrestler, 133-pounder Cameron Kelly, is ranked (16th).
• Smith went 6-zero at the Midlands, enhancing to 24-3 at the season. He has received 12 consecutive matches. His losses thishave come to 2nd-ranked Bryce Meredith of Wyoming, 19th-ranked Kanen Storr of Iowa State, and Oklahoma’s Michael Longo, a 3-time qualifier NCAA Championships.
• Stencel, a redshirt freshman, ranks 0.33 on the Chippewa roster with 20 victories (in opposition to 10 losses) and has published a crew-first-class eleven pins. Dresden Simon, another redshirt freshman, is second on the team with five pins.
•CMU with seven technical-fall victories, while Oliver has 6. Ellingwood leads the Chippewas with six wins with the aid of a primary decision.
• Oliver, who is 21-2, saw his in shapeto second-ranked Brandon Sorensen of Iowa in the 149-pound title suit at the Midlands. Oliver’s other loss this with a 3-1 decision to Solomon Chishko of Virginia Tech. Chiko is ranked 10th.
• Brucki pinned Garrett Sutton of Michigan inside the 174-pound 5th-region fit on the Midlands. It was Brucki’s first pin of the season, and itto Sutton in advance inside the event.
• Ellingwood has gained 10 of his last 11 fits. 5 of these wins have come through foremost choice and one by using pin. His lone loss in that stretch turned into Princeton graduate assistant Nate Jackson inside the semifinals at the Midlands. Jackson, who became wrestling unattached inside the event, was a -time All-American at Indiana.